In light of the many registrations occurring in the past few days, the organizing committee of CNM2016 decided to extend the deadline.
Deadline has been extended to November 15th.
Note that starting October 15th midnight (GMT), it will no longer be possible to register through EasyChair. A new link for registration will be provided shortly.
Please visit our website again! Contact us by e-mail if you have any queries: contact AT asom-mena DOT org.
CNM2016 is the first computational neuroscience winter school to be held in Lebanon.The school will last 4 days, and is planned to include one morning lecture and an afternoon tutorial, which will provide students with an in-depth understanding of the topics, and hands on experience with computational modeling.
A detailed program will be published soon on the winter school’s webpage.
- Demian Battaglia: Marie Curie Fellow, Institute for Systems Neuroscience, INSERM, Marseille. Link to website.
- Alessandro Treves: Professor of the Neural Basis of Cognition, Scuela Internationale Superiore di Studi Avanzati. Link to website.
Mohammed Herzallah: Postdoctoral researcher at Rutgers University, Newark and Director of the Palestinian neuroscience Initiative at alQuds University.Link to website.
Ahmed El Hady: Research Fellow, The Princeton Neuroscience Institute (Princeton University, United States). Link to website.
- Leila Wehbe: Graduate student, Carnegie Mellon University. Link to website.
- Students enrolled in advanced undergraduate and graduate degrees in mathematics, physics, computer science or engineering are eligible to apply.
- Students from any other discipline with strong quantitative background will also be considered.
- Applicants should be familiar with linear algebra and differential equations and should at least be familiar with one programming language preferably Matlab.